How to make parts visible through other parts for an ESP Ability?

So, in a popular Roblox game titled Rogue Lineage, they have an ESP ability that creates new parts, attached to players, that are able to be seen through walls.

What I don’t understand is how they are able to make the parts visible through other parts.

One method I know of, is utilizing client side BoxHandleAdornments. Another one would be to use AlwaysOnTop ScreenGUIs. The thing is, I don’t know if there is a more effective and easy method of achieving this effect. Anyone have any ideas of what I should do?

Example of what I am talking about:

1 Like

use magnitude to detect radius, loop through anything inside and check if it has a humanoid; if so, clone their bodyparts and resize them, and make them blue and slightly transparent.

Thanks for the reply, but the creation of the parts isn’t what I needed help with.

What I’m trying to figure out is the most efficient and easy method for creating “X-Ray Parts”. I’ve already listed two methods that could possibility be used, but I am wondering if there are better methods.

hm, maybe they clone the characters, edit the colors and stuff in a viewmodel and then update the positions every frame best idea i have

Use surfaceGuis and set AlwaysOnTop to true.
Create a new surfaceGui for each part face for every part in your model with a frame that is whatever color and transparency you want, and that creates the ESP ability. If you want it to look the same behind walls as it does when not obscured by a wall set the part’s transparency to 1.
There isn’t a better way to do this that I know of, but using surfaceGuis isn’t that laggy. As long as you aren’t looping through all the players and their characters every frame it won’t have performance issues.

That is actually fairly ingenious, just make sure none of those pesky exploiters see this post :woozy_face:

2 Likes