How to make player's crystallization like SCP-409

I want to do something like SCP-409, so that this object freezes the touched players, and crystals appear on those.

The problem is how to place the crystals on the player’s limbs. I want it to work with the help of Raycasts: the code sends a ray from any external sides of the limb and detects the point where it is necessary to place the crystal, well, and in general, attaches it to it. But this does not work correctly, for some reason the ray rushes to nowhere at all, and not to the limb. And the problem is, how can the origin of the ray be positioned so that it is outside the limb, and at the same time it can get into the limb? Well, the direction will depend on random indicators related to the limb.
SCP-409

I tried to look for solutions, but there was nothing.

1 Like

just weld random crystals to the player in a while loop until they are dead.

1 Like

No, that’s not what I meant. I’m talking about crystals appearing on any edge of a limb.

2 Likes

yea so exactly! just make a few crystal models put em in a folder get a table of all the limbs use a while until the player is dead loop and then just weld them! when the crystals grow they will appear on the edge aka cross the edge of the players limb or you can just offset them with 0.5 on any direction and negative or positive.

2 Likes

But what about the raycasts, well, so that they appear on polygons saving their position and rotation, I just incorrectly called them edges?

1 Like

Just use the solution already mentioned. You don’t need to do advanced raycasts for a system like this. It would be better to just make a table of possible positions for the crystals to spawn and make these possible positions on the edges of limbs. For future reference it would be very helpful if you included some code we could analyze and work with.

1 Like