How to make slanted UI?

I want to make this slanted UI for the game I’m working on but I’m not sure how to. I can make slanted images but how do I slant the scrollingframe,etc ?

sample pic:

1 Like

That can be done via a Part with a SurfaceGui. You’ll have to update Part CFrame each frame to keep it in front of the camera.

Do note that you might have issues when the part clips into a wall if your camera is too close.

3 Likes

Hello!
UI design which exists in 3D space can be classified as either diagetic, meta or spatial. The provided UI showcases spatial design, where the UI simply exists in a 3D space with no strings attached.

To create something like this I’d try messing around with SurfaceGuis. SurfaceGuis provide a way to put UI elements on the face of a part, this is perfect for our use case. Create a transparent part using a localscript and parent it to the player’s CurrentCamera. This part can be offset from our camera on each frame using the RenderStepped event of RunService. Now, apply your UI into a freshly generated SurfaceGui inside of our part.

Good luck!

7 Likes

Wow, that’s actually a good idea. Never thought of slanting it, but the image above looks stellar!

1 Like