How to make smoother/less tough/rigid car suspension with spring constraints

The Building Support sub-category is intended for all development support relating to architecture on the Roblox platform. This includes questions ranging in difficulty from extremely basic to even the most technical of issues.

You may present your thread how you choose, but you are required to answer the following questions in your thread;

• What are you attempting to achieve? (Keep it simple and clear)
    I want to make my cars spring constraint suspension smoother/softer/less rigid. Right now when it hits a bump it stops.
  • What is the issue? (Keep it simple and clear - Include screenshots/videos/GIFs if possible)
    The issue is that right now, when it hits a bump, it just stops, and another set of settings for the suspension I keep trying leads to it hitting the bump, jumps up violently, and gets over to the other side, but is very violent with it.
  • What solutions have you tried so far? (Have you searched for solutions through the Roblox Wiki yet?)
    I have looked at many posts, but most importantly this post: Proper Tuning, but my issues are as follows:
    1. It simply does not work most of the time.
    2. The wheels just disappear.
    3. oof.

Videos and picture’s:

Other Pictures and Videos
What I am trying to accomplish (Roblox Police Car w/o Body)

1 Like

For now this is the best I have.
SpringCar.rbxm (9.0 KB)
(It is based off of the chassis design from the official Roblox Police Car)
And it moves with a body velocity. thats just for testing. Implement controls however you’d like I guess. :person_shrugging:

Ok So my final version is this:
SpringCar.rbxm (41.1 KB)
Feel free to use in your game.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.