How to make textures/parts more shiny or glossy?

Hi there!
I am trying to make the tiles in this picture shinier, for some odd reason I cannot seem to make it anymore shiny or glossy. The wall’s material was imported as a material texture from Marketplace and the floor tiles are just individual parts with cranked up reflection.

Maybe you can use SurfaceAppearence if you want the floor to be glossy, but you wil need some sort of 3d software to acomplish that (Like Substance Painter). Another way to make the floor appear shiny/glossy is by changing the material of the tiles and tweaking the Reflectance property of the part.

If you’re still not satisfied with the results, then change the type of Lighting in your game, preferably Future (Doing so may cause the current lighting in your game to appear differently).

1 Like

Substance painter imports reflection properties in Roblox? That would be groundbreaking if so, which I never heard off. But regarding the lighting, Future lighting is not good for reflections. Would this be the reason why mirrors with actual reflective properties are impossible on Roblox?

If your model has “Texture” inside, you can apply RGB above 255 which normally the engine wouldn’t allow but apparently you can mess around with that.