How to make the character smoothly move (without animations)

Hello, I’m having a problem with a mechanic in my game right now, I want to be able to customize character movement. I can’t figure out a solid way to do this though, or a way that’s smooth enough.

Let me explain. I need to make a “skill” for the player, but the skill has an animation where they move around a lot (i.e. flying around, spinning). I can animate the actual body parts, but I don’t want to animate the movement. I want the movement to be scripted.

Say I had a “skill” where the player floated up in the air, moved back, and then pounced forward to attack. How would I script that movement smoothly? Now, I know, you’re probably just thinking “Tweens Den_vers, Tweens!”, but I want to use curves, and spins, and it’s not just position I’m looking for for the movement, I’m also looking for rotation.

The reason I’m doing this is because I want it to be highly customizable, unlike an animation, where I have to go in and either restart the whole thing, or edit it later, that’s time taking.

TL; DR:

I need a highly customizable way to smoothly move the character’s position and rotation, and that can use curves.

1 Like

There is a lot of ways to do this. You can use BasePart.AssemblyLinearVelocity, BodyVelocity which is deprecated but still works, LinearVelocity and so on

I was looking for something that was more or less PHYSICS related, something entirely scripted. It’s what I specialize in.

I solved it, I just wrote an animation module that uses bezier curves, lerping, and time functions to create animation.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.