How to make the game more realistic?

What would you recommend for more realistic graphics? Obviously, you can use realistic models and so on, but I don’t understand what exactly realism is, maybe some settings in Lighting or ColorCorrection?

What parameters need to be set to make everything as realistic as possible?

I feel like these pictures lack realism, so what would you recommend to fix that?

4 Likes

2 tipps I have would be:

1. Definetly add Lightning effects
    And
  2. In the Toolbox are many Textures that look quite Realistic you can use them to.
2 Likes

What type of effect exactly do you mean?

1 Like

PBR. High poly models. Good textures. Good lighting. Future lighting. Setting up a good environment with Lighting. There are literally hundreds of ways to do this.

4 Likes

What is PBR? Also could you give an example of one of these methods? I’ve already twisted everything

3 Likes

You can set Lightning to Future, you can add DepthofField, colorcorrection and some other Effects into Lightning.
I cant Really tell if those are real Clouds or Just a Skybox, but
you can add Clouds into the Terrain in the Workspace, you can also Customize them.

4 Likes

Thanks for the advice, I’ve already added all this, do you think it’s worth changing their settings?

3 Likes

PBR is an acronym for Physically Based Rendering. The wrinkles you see on clothing, the way a metal reflects light off its surface, how concrete doesnt reflect with how rough it is, the displacement caused by surface imperfections, these can all be achieved by PBR.

The head you see here has PBR maps on it.

Meanwhile, this only has a color map.

Do you see the difference? Light is blocked off tiny creases and bumps in the material, causing realism.

4 Likes

Thanks for the explanation, but how did you achieve this effect?

2 Likes

Normally, you can find PBR materials (material Variants) on the toolbox, but my model uses SurfaceAppearance for each limb.
SurfaceAppearance is basically the TextureID you see in a meshparts properties, but you can also input normal, metallic and normal maps into them, for meshes only.

Meanwhile, a material variant is for parts and meshes. They dont have special things like blood or edge wear on special areas, but instead, they cover the entire part with a material.

So, for you, i guess you can put in some material variants and try them out. You can learn things like Substance Painter, Quixel Mixer, baking etc. for mesh modelling.

3 Likes

Thank you, I understood what you are talking about! What advice would you give about lighting?

2 Likes

Use future lighting. Bring down the specular and diffusion to like 0.25, or 0.5.
Add some blur, bloom, etc.
Depends on what your going for.

4 Likes

Thanks for your help, I’ll take your advice into account!

2 Likes

lower the saturation and you’ll get real life

2 Likes