v=v+1   
print(v=v+1 )
v=v+1  
print(v=v+1 )
v=v+1  
print(v=v+1 )
v=v+1  
print(v=v+1 )

This post is the greatest thing I have ever read! I know how to script perfectly now LOL!

1 Like

Cant believe no one is doing this,

local runservice = game:GetService('RunService')

runservice.Heartbeat:Once(function()
	print('hi')
end)
runservice.Heartbeat:Once(function()
	print('how are you?')
end)
3 Likes

If Iā€™m being paid by the amount of lines of code Iā€™m doing this. Going to be rich!

1 Like

The second wouldnā€™t fire, you need to add task.spawn/coroutines

Edit: not true, @Artzified corrected me, and now I stand corrected

1 Like

They are events and they do not block the main thread of the script, different from loops like while true do, for i = a, b, c doā€¦

Oh, sorry, I feel dumb now, youā€™re right

im going to see what gpt can do using this information

local a = true
b = Instance.new("Part")
b.Name = "Part1"
c = Instance.new("IntValue")
c.Parent = game:GetService("Players").LocalPlayer
function badFunction()
if a==true then b.BrickColor = BrickColor.Random()c.Value=2 end
end
game.Players.LocalPlayer.CharacterAdded:Connect(function()
while c.Value == 2 do badFunction()end
end)
print(0) b.Position = Vector3.new(0, 0, 0)
print(1) b.Position = Vector3.new(1, 0, 0)
print(2) b.Position = Vector3.new(2, 0, 0)
print(3) b.Position = Vector3.new(3, 0, 0)
print(4) b.Position = Vector3.new(4, 0, 0)
print(5) b.Position = Vector3.new(5, 0, 0)
print(6) b.Position = Vector3.new(6, 0, 0)
print(7) b.Position = Vector3.new(7, 0, 0)
game:GetService("Workspace").Parent:FindFirstChildOfClass("UserInputService").Parent:FindFirstChildOfClass("MarketplaceService").Parent:FindFirstChildOfClass("StarterGui").Parent:FindFirstChildOfClass("Players"):GetChildren()[1]:WaitForChild("Backpack")
1 Like

Is it good that I completely understood every line of code?

2 Likes

This helped me so much! I can now write horrible looking code that still have some decent functionality.

1 Like

ChatGPT said:

• The code seems to be a mix of functional code and questionable practices. The usage of global variables and the repetitive invocation of badFunction() could potentially cause undesired behavior.
  • The purpose and context of this code are not clear, and it appears to have some unusual patterns and design decisions.
  • Additionally, the complex property access chain near the end of the code might be a convoluted way to access the ā€œBackpackā€ property and should be revised for clarity and maintainability.

Clearly ChatGPT knows nothing about codingā€¦

4 Likes
while true do
	game:GetService("Workspace").Parent.Workspace:WaitForChild("Part").Material = "Neon"
	wait(0.001)
	game:GetService("Workspace").Parent.Workspace:WaitForChild("Part").Material = "Plastic"
	wait(0.001)
	game:GetService("Workspace").Parent.Workspace:WaitForChild("Part").Material = "Neon"
	wait(0.001)
	game:GetService("Workspace").Parent.Workspace:WaitForChild("Part").Material = "Plastic"
	wait(0.001)
	wait(0.001)
	wait(0.001)
	wait(0.001)
	wait(0.001)
	wait(0.001)
	wait(0.001)
	wait(0.001)
	wait(0.001)
	wait(0.001)
	wait(0.001)
	wait(0.001)
	wait(0.001)
	wait(0.001)
	wait(0.001)
	wait(0.001)
	wait(0.001)
	wait(0.001)
	wait(0.001)
	wait(0.001)
	wait(0.001)
	wait(0.001)
	wait(0.001)
	wait(0.001)
	wait(0.001)
	wait(0.001)
	wait(0.001)
	wait(0.001)
	wait(0.001)
	wait(0.001)
	wait(0.001)
	wait(0.001)
	wait(0.001)
	wait(0.001)
	wait(0.001)
	wait(0.001)
	wait(0.001)
	wait(0.001)
	wait(0.001)
	wait(0.001)
	wait(0.001)
	wait(0.001)
	wait(0.001)
	wait(0.001)
	wait(0.001)

end This code should not lag the server at all

lol was looking at the links in my old post and saw this xD

5 Likes

(Pulls out Standard Galactic Alphabet Cipher)

OMG! I am currently working on learning to script. This post is SO INFORMATIONAL!

I will definitely be using what I learned in this post in everything I do! Itā€™s so well formatted!

Lol

I totally get how you used Reverse Psychology to tell people the right way to make Easy-To-Read scripts!

I just have to do everything you said ā€œNotā€ to do!

(Lol. I know this was a joke post.)

game:GetService("RunService").RenderStepped:Connect(function()
   while task.wait() do
        print(tick())
        wait()
        task.wait()
        print(tick(), "funny")
   end
end)

Wouldnā€™t that bug out rendering since you are halting the RenderStepped event by looping in-definetly (unless Roblox automatically spawns any function connected to those built-in events on a seperate thread but i highly doubt it)

Thatā€™s the point lol

at least 15 chars would be better cā€™mon people