How to Make the Worst Looking Code Possible

I know, i was aware of that. I just was curious if that would have bugged out rendering or not. As in, if Roblox happended to spawn the functions to a different thread or keep it all on 1 main loop that executes all those connected functions when RenderStepped fires. (Second one seems highely likely)

Still funny code, would have to try that out sometime.

1 Like

Honestly, i think a variable named:

local wgrdsa = false

if alot harder to understand than

local variable1 = false

Because if you have a large list of them, it looks like this

local foiheiwl
local wqewgrfeq
local dsfeqdsfqe
local frhwrearf
local feojeie
local dfoeqfd

rather than

local variable1
local variable2
local variable3
local variable4
local variable5
local variable6

Making your code look like it’s decompiled will also make it confusing and might even make people question if you got it trough exploits or not.

-- Decompiled with the Synapse X Luau decompiler.
local v1 = true;
local v2 = true;
local v3 = "Hello World!";
local v4 = print;
while v1 do
  if v2 == true then
    v4(v3);
  end
end

Not sure how accurate this is to how real decompilers do it, but this is closest i could get.

2 Likes

You’re absolutely kidding me, right?

So, why does this exist again?

I used Synapse X once. That’s what its decompiled code looks like.

2 Likes

It’s a guide to beginning coders, but @WhereIsKeer takes a fun spin on it by using reverse psychology.

1 Like

My only consideration was that it was nothing more than satire.

Okay, well, not sure what to say other than; it’s a tutorial. :person_shrugging:

Thanks, I was wondering how to make my code look even worse than it is. Great tutorial and i’m sure this will greatly help my dev team

1 Like

It’s a real post that actually helps :wink:

1 Like

This is just what i needed. Thanks!

This…
THIS IS THE ULTIMATE SPAGHETTI CODE TUTORIAL
i got a suggestion 4 ya.

CONTEXT: locals of everything and the worst way to write a function (for me atleast)

local Player = game.Players.LocalPlayer
local Character = game.Players.LocalPlayer.Character
local CharacterTorso = game.Players.LocalPlayer.Character.Torso
local workspace = workspace
local game = game
local ReplicatedStorage = game.ReplicatedStorage
local ServerStorage = game.ServerStorage
local repfirst = game.ReplicatedFirst
local Req = require(ReplicatedStorage.somefunction)
local CharacterRRAR = Character

printall = function()
local function prnet(strign)
print(strign)
end
local function AAAAA()
local bkbk = prnet("too fhhf632b6kign lazy to do tghis")
return
end
local A = AAAAA()
end)

-- i hate making this code
-- obfuscate this for extra spiciness

i dont know if this is bad-looking code, but i hope it is.

1 Like
local gsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssjhdfkjhqwoiurey2978926876e87fgashgir; local no = workspace.Part.Parent:WaitForChild("Part").Parent:WaitForChild("Part"); no:Clone(); task.wait(); no:Clone(); task.wait(); no:Clone(); task.wait(); no:Clone(); task.wait() ;wait(math.huge - 20.2999999999929293929); no:Clone(); local yesyesyesyesyeysyesyeyesyyesyeyseyesyeyseyseyesyeyesyeyseyseyeyesyseyeyseysyseyseyeyseyseyesyeyesyesyesyesyesyeysyesyesyeysyesysyesyesyesyeyeysyesyeysyesyyesyesyeysyeyseysyeysyesyesyeysyesyeyseysyesyyesyesjhdkajhdjklasfhjklsdfhjkshdfghasdfghsdfghsajfghdsjkafghdjkasghdghdagdakjsfgdkagdgdkajfghdaksjfghdaksjfghdaksjfghdaksjfghdaksjfghdkajfghdkajfghdkajfghdskajfghdksjfghdasjkgdfkjasghdfjkagdsghdafjkasghdfksghdafsghdafkaghdaksjfghdaghdajkghdkajsfgdjkafgdkjaghdkasghdfkajghdkajgdajksghdfakshdfgakghdaksjfghdaksjfghdaksjfhdgakfgd = nil; yesyesyesyesyeysyesyeyesyyesyeyseyesyeyseyseyesyeyesyeyseyseyeyesyseyeyseysyseyseyeyseyseyesyeyesyesyesyesyesyeysyesyesyeysyesysyesyesyesyeyeysyesyeysyesyyesyesyeysyeyseysyeysyesyesyeysyesyeyseysyesyyesyesjhdkajhdjklasfhjklsdfhjkshdfghasdfghsdfghsajfghdsjkafghdjkasghdghdagdakjsfgdkagdgdkajfghdaksjfghdaksjfghdaksjfghdaksjfghdaksjfghdkajfghdkajfghdkajfghdskajfghdksjfghdasjkgdfkjasghdfjkagdsghdafjkasghdfksghdafsghdafkaghdaksjfghdaghdajkghdkajsfgdjkafgdkjaghdkasghdfkajghdkajgdajksghdfakshdfgakghdaksjfghdaksjfghdaksjfhdgakfgd = 2125345734985739485739845983745834 - 3683475983475 * 23
5 Likes

okay, now THAT’s next level horrible code.

2 Likes

Hmm, reasonable code, i can read 1 line atleast.

2 Likes

The worst code would be all in ONE LINE.

To make it even worse, obfuscate it.

local LocalPlayer= game.Players:GetPlayers()[game.Players.LocalPlayer.Name]
local char = function()
for i, v in pairs(game.Workspace:GetChildren()) do 
local temp_Char =game.Players:GetPlayerFromCharacter(v)
if temp_Char  then
if temp_Char.Name =game.Players:GetPlayers()[game.Players.LocalPlayer.Name].Name then 
return v
end
end
end
end

Also this
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/what-are-some-of-the-worst-lines-of-code-you-read-that-make-you-think-what-was-the-writer-thinking/760394/1739?u=mhmdsndb3
Will result of this

3 Likes

Yo, is that the code for Yandere Simulator or what? Seems like it’s trying to check against every single user on Roblox

1 Like