How to make this catapult work

I am making a catapult for my game and it is not flinging me at all.
It is basically just lifting me up and setting me back down in front of it, no matter what speed I set it to.

I’d appreciate it you could tell me what I am missing for this catapult.

try making the catapult shoot slower (not too much)

its the same result. It’s like an on and off thing, sometimes it works and flings me really far, sometimes it doesnt.

Are you using an animation for this? If so, that would explain why you wouldn’t get any kind of physics from this.

I would either set the velocity of the catapult arm, or use physics constraints. I’m not sure about what the catapult looks like in the Explorer which is why I’m uncertain on what’s going on.

It isn’t an animation, its a hinge motor that would set its velocity to a certain speed then set back in place

In that case, it might be due to the arm instantly getting stopped at the top of the throw. If you remove that piece or reduce the speed, is the throw successful?

Even if you managed to get it to work with the current way of doing it, the force applied will be inconsistent across different catapult shots… (like you said here:)

… My suggestion is, with a little bit of scripting, try to apply some custom body force to the character itself instead of relying on catapult’s physics, that could work out.

I thought of that idea too but I also think that its the turtle character that could be messing up the launch.
because after the catapult fails the turtle shell is like bouncing around and shaking like the physics get glitched.

That could mean that the turtle shell gets glitched in the spoon-like thing before taking off. You could try lowering the speed even more in an attempt to fix this.

OR you could try disabling collisions with the spoon-like thing for a brief moment when the character should be flung. (This will prevent the turtle shell from glitching into the spoon-like thing.)

Or if that isn’t the case, something must be wrong with the turtle shell. (I would suggest you to mess with the Custom Physical Properties of the turtle shell part, which probably won’t help, but it is worth the try.)

Maybe make it so that if a player is detected in the spoon, it adds a BodyForce to the shell.