How To Make Tools Not Un-Equip When You Press their slot

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. Ii want to Achieve making Minecraft Combat, Building, and Breaking. I want it to be in R15, and of course I can make the animations.

2. I don’t know where to start.

3. I have tried watching youtube videos but none have helped.

You could try this video. Just know that your game may be taken down due to copyright. HOW TO MAKE MINECRAFT IN ROBLOX STUDIO!!! (2021) - YouTube

Thats just a free model. Does not show you how to script it.

Thank you but how do I get programmar roles?

Anyway, how would I go about and make the tools like minecraft, where if you press 1 twice, it just equips instead of in roblox where you press a tool twice it equips then unequips.

Click the menu button (3 horizontal lines) then select Groups. Scroll down a bit and join the Programmer group.
Then, click your profile picture near the menu button and click the person icon, then click Preferences.
Change your title to Programmer using a drop down menu. This process may be different because I’m currently on mobile

thank you! also can you help with my recent question please

I’m more of a builder than a scripter :person_shrugging:
You may need to script a new inventory system, although I’m not sure if Roblox allows a tool to not be unselected under certain circumstances (e.g. you must have 1 tool selected at all times)

I think I have found the answer! Here is my code:

local tool = script.Parent

tool.Unequipped:Connect(function()
	local player = tool.Parent.Parent

local char = player.Character
	local hum = char.Humanoid

hum:EquipTool(tool)
end)
1 Like

Welp… I’m having ANOTHER problem. I’m trying to check if the player has another tool equipped. If so, then leave the current tool unequipped and equip the new one. Here is my code:

local tool = script.Parent

tool.Unequipped:Connect(function()
	local player = tool.Parent.Parent

local char = player.Character
	local hum = char.Humanoid

local otherT = char:FindFirstChildWhichIsA("Tool")

print(otherT)

if otherT then
		if otherT.Name ~= tool.Name then

end
	else
		hum:EquipTool(tool)
	end

end)