How to make transparent walls players cameras can't go through?

This may be a stupid question, but I’m not sure how to do it.

In my cafe game, I am attempting to have invisible walls around the register area to prevent customers from entering the staff area. I’m wanting the walls and the camera to be non-collideable, so customers can’t steal the cup and food tools. But when I make the walls transparent, the camera goes straight through them.

So my question: How to make transparent walls that players camera cannot go through
I am new to building, so any help would be appreciated. :smiley:

5 Likes

I mean you can try inverted normals on a meshpart imported from blender, but that’s more of a hacky workaround.

You could try putting a BlockMesh in each part with the scale set to 0, 0, 0.

2 Likes

Nope. Your camera still goes through it.

You can change the click range, maybe it will work out :thinking:

I know that, the kitchen is quite small but I’ll see what I can do.

Even with the transparency set to 0?

1 Like

They do not. What do you mean hackers could still take the food?

Hackers can click any click detector in game they want from any distance away.
They can also teleport into or no clip or delete the walls and then proceed to click the button.
The only way we could really stop them is through scripting.

What I meant to say earlier is how do you tell if a player is a server or a customer?

Also, a SpecialMesh with the scale 0.01, .01, .01 would prevent players from moving their camera through the part as long as the part has a transparency of 0 and has CanCollide set to true. Here is a video and a demo place of that working: DEO4QtRmOm.mp4
demo.rbxl (24.8 KB)

The walls are just to show you where the invisible wall is, they’re not needed.

21 Likes

Change the window’s material to “Forcefield”. This will prevent anyone from being able to zoom their camera through it. It also isn’t completely transparent like when you add a “Special Mesh” to the part. Hope this helped you out!

3 Likes

Try reading here.

You can change the settings to inviscam.

You could set the DevCameraOcclusionMode of a user/player in StarterPlayer by setting it to InvisiCam as that would make the user(s) camera go and look through walls in any direction of all axis and positions in that situation.

When setting it to that, you can make all parts and walls have the ability to look through a part or a mesh when the camera angle or position it is looking at to become invisible, hence the name in StarterPlayer. Here is a demonstration of it:

1 Like

Awesome, this works. Thank you. :smiley:

1 Like

I’m sorry, there was a typo in the post name. I wan’t walls that players cameras cannot go through.

1 Like

Change your “tools” to only be accessible by group id and rank if possible.

1 Like

Make a wall with the material ‘glass’. Set transparency to a suitable transparency. Duplicate it, then shrink the width of the new part and set it’s material to something else, Make it’s transparency 0.019. Looking through glass makes any transparent objects beyond it invisible. Object of a low transparency may be invisble when viewed through glass, but also block the camera from going through.

2 Likes