How to make tree leaves textures for realistic trees?

I’m currently working on making a realistic tree and want to add leaves in the most cost-effective way, as there will be a lot of trees. Rn the tree is a pine type tree. If the texture was something like this:

How would I use it in blender to recreate a tree like this:

If I’m leaving info out, pls let me know.

Thanks

2 Likes

Hello Broken_Chainz,

customizing the tree leaves is pretty simple you could just simple select the mesh-part for the leaves and change it’s texture. But I am sure you are looking to re create how it’s made so I will give it to you step by step as well with some notes.

• One way you can discover how the leaves are made is by looking at it’s shape
    go ahead and set the transparency of the leaves part to 0 and you will see how it actually looks like

• Now you can start shaping the surface of the leaves however you like in blender or they don’t have to be shaped just like the leaves you have just make them blocky as I am sure they are in the trees you showed above

• After you have managed to create the pattern of the leaves now you can switch to the UV Editing tab and that’s where you select your faces and match them with the texture you have, now obviously they wouldn’t look exactly how you want them since the surfaces you made aren’t invisible but after you import them into Roblox and test them out they would turn out just how you like them.

I am doing this with writing, if you couldn’t understand what I am explaining you can Direct Message me so I can provide pictures on how it’s done and follow up step by step.

I hope this helped,
Good luck.

5 Likes

To put a name to what JaeThi is describing so that you can further your own research, this method is known as a foliage sheet and is an industry standard practice that is well worth investing time to learn :slight_smile:

Here’s an example of one that I made a little while ago:

3 Likes

Woah thanks, that looks sick! Will def look into it.

1 Like