How to make truss parts 0.5 by 0.5

So currently I’m making an obby which is very VERY small and I’m tryna make a climbing part

1 Like

Hey,

There is no way to size your trusses under “2.02, 2, 2” due to limitations by ROBLOX. There is a workaround this limitation, which heavily depends on your obstacle course for your game as it can be abused by players. You can create your 0.5 by 0.5 piece and clip a truss part inside. You can then utilise scripts to detect the collisions in the green box (ref. image), which will spawn in the truss part and allow the player to climb. This will also prevent them from abusing this mechanic to go outside the bounds or mess up the collisions on other parts of the obstacle.

I hope this will support you on your development journey, and hopefully this workaround does meet your needs.

4 Likes

Thanks, this should work maybe…

You don’t have to have a TrussPart to climb.
Just make your own ‘ladder’ of Parts that is .5 x .5 studs.
No scripting involved.

1 Like

I was making the smallest obby so custom ladders didn’t work

Is the player tiny as well?
I made a ladder with .5, .3, .5 anchored Parts stacked at 1 stud intervals and I can climb it fine.
If you want a smaller visual effect you could export the Truss Parts and make it a Mesh so you could resize it to .5 studs square.

Yes, it is a tiny player and this is solved

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.