How to make your own game character

Hi,
I have read/watched a lot about “Change game character” but still I can’t do this, can someone send me tutorial or explain it?

5 Likes

create the character, then name the model “StarterCharacter” and put the model into StarterPlayer

5 Likes

to create a custom character, rename your character to StarterCharacter and put it in starterplayer
(make sure its not anchored)

1 Like

Do you mean changing player characters individually?

2 Likes

Ok but when I hit Play the character crashes and falls apart

did you correctly make the character by binding the joints with Motor6D’s?

No, I just built it and named all parts

1 Like

watch a yt tutorial on how to create character joints.

1 Like

ok, I did and now my character don’t have animation (I want default), it can’t jump and it’s walking wierd

3 Likes

maybe watch a tutorial on how to make a StarterCharacter then

2 Likes

How is it walking weird when no animations are playing? One thing that might fix this is changing the humanoid rigtype to whatever rig (R15 or R6) your character is made for.

I did it and it looks like that:

Edit: I have Primaty Part errors
Edit2: Animation only works when player reset (first time it’s not working)
Edit3: @Franxxly or @ResonantSock please help

3 Likes

The PrimaryPart isn’t set, or try to rename parts if there’s multiple with the same name

1 Like

You also have to set the humanoid hip height, this option is near the bottom of the humanoid’s properties, a little bit above WalkSpeed. This distance starts from the bottom of the humanoidRootPart and goes however far you want it to go. If your legs are 5 studs long then the hip height would be 5.

1 Like

How to set the PrimaryPart???

In properties you should see it. Just click it then switch to explorer and put the primary part of your choice