How to manage effectively multiple scripts in Roblox Studio?

Hello
When I am working on my game I often need to switch between 20-25 different scripts, local scripts and module scripts.
However I can see only 8 tabs with script names above my code editor window.
Is there a way to show 2 rows with tabs with script names?
Also I do not see easy way to switch to the first tab which is the design view of my game?
Also often , when I close the studio and reopen it later, I need to reopen one by one the scripts, with which I have been working.

Is there a more efficient way to work with multiple scripts?

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Why are you multitasking so hard

3 Likes

How many lines are usually in each script on average?

1 Like

There is a lot of variety, but mostly around 200 - 600 lines

I am not multitasking
working on a single feature involves adding or modifying things in multiple scripts and module scripts (both on server and on client)

Uk that tab which is used to navigate to different scripts? Hold that and drag it away and it will open that script in a new window.

I am not sure that I understood you. Which is the tab, which is used to navigate to different scripts? It is not the explorer tab, where all objects in the workspace are visible?

Like the script headers, which show the script name

This post describes a good way to structure your scripts.

With a single-script architecture, you are managing when your scripts should run, and you have better control over the flow of your code.

Also, you should very rarely need to have more than even 5 scripts at once, but I know I sometimes keep things open for convenience too. If you’re looking for a better way to manage your project as a whole, look into Rojo for Roblox.

Edit: fixed link

1 Like

Extracting a script in a different window does not help with my particular problem.
I need a possibility to select/switch easily between scripts, not to see the code of 2 scripts at the same time on the screen.

I remember that there was feature where you could do Ctrl + Tab (im not sure abt the key bind tho) and it would open up an easier script navigation window panel

1 Like

This is definitely a step in the right direction.
Unfortunately when the script selection popup appears you cannot select a script with the mouse, you need to ctrl+tab multiple times until you reach it :frowning:
and you cannot resize the popup, which is rather small

Honestly imo, the Roblox default editor is hardly capable of what you are trying to achieve, try using Rojo or some other plugin to start editing your scripts in an external editor like VS Code or Visual Studio, which are professional editors and provide multitude of features. Porting over your existing game to GitHub might be tricky but if iirc there was a tool named rbxla to dojo which could achieve that.

i suggest you either use Rojo plugin or simply copypaste your scripts from an external editor such as npp while editing; npp supports multiline tabs; you can even use a whole IDE for this