How to morph a players character?

This is a topic I wanted to make for quite sometime since I can’t find a single way to do this. So, I have a character model for my game, and I want my player to morph into that character. The problem is I’m not sure how to do it. I have made a system that can morph the character, but there are many limitations, such as not being able to change the body part meshes. Any help is appreciated!

2 Likes

How does the current system work? Can you show me an example how your current morphing system work in-game?

I coded this very long ago. Sorry if its messy.

local currentskin = p.EquippedSkin.Value
					local c = p.Character
					c.Archivable = true
					local sabercolor = game.ReplicatedStorage.CharModels[currentskin].Properties.Theme.Value
					for i,v in pairs(c:GetChildren()) do
						if v:IsA("Accessory") or v:IsA("Shirt") or v:IsA("Pants") or v:IsA("BodyColors") or v:FindFirstChild("face") or v:IsA("Hat") then
							if v:FindFirstChild("face") then
								for e,s in pairs(v:GetChildren()) do
									if s.Name == "face" then
										s:Destroy()
									end
								end
							else
								v:Destroy()
							end
						end
					end
					local clone = game.ReplicatedStorage.CharModels[currentskin]:Clone()
					for i,v in pairs(clone:GetChildren()) do
						if v:IsA("Shirt") or v:IsA("Pants") or v:IsA("Accessory") or v:FindFirstChild("face") or v:IsA("BodyColors") or v:IsA("Hat") then
							if v:FindFirstChild("face") then
								v.face.Parent = c.Head
							else
								v.Parent = c
							end
						end
					end
1 Like

What’s the in-game results though? What do you get while being in-game?

It works in a way, but I’m wondering if this is the most efficient way to do it? This system also has some limitations. I can’t change the bodyparts of the character, so I can’t morph the character to a bundle like Rthro.

If you cant put BodyParts in it, that means the model doesnt have humanoid in it and Correctly named parts (Example: Left Leg)
And thats good code so far you’ve made for the script. But not gonna lie that its messy:p

I can’t change the MeshId of the body parts. The script just doesn’t let you.

Humanoid Description, never used it but look it up.

HumanoidDescriptions don’t let me use custom accessories unfortunately :confused: