How to move a part using velocity relative to its lookvector?

What kind of bodymovers and how?

Try using a bodyVelocity object and setting the velocity of that. By doing part.Velocity, it is only temporary.

ive already tried using bodyvelocity and this is the result and how does humanoids move the character?

Carry on with using body movers they are way smoother, Also you can just change the velocity to make it go faster ofc. (velocity as in the property of body velo)

When you use a bodyvelocity try this;

local vel = Instance.new("BodyVelocity")
vel.MaxForce = Vector3.new(math.huge,math.huge,math.huge)
vel.P = 1000
val.Velocity = humanoidRoot.CFrame.lookVector * 50

should be smoother since you’re setting the maxforce to a high number.

2 Likes

the maxforce is set to a high number

When Dynamese said flatten he did mean set y = 0… The slowdown is because the camera vectors for x and y are lower when looking up or down. You will want to even out the camera’s LookVector on your camera.CFrame line like so:
velocity = CFrame.new(camera.CFrame.p, camera.CFrame.p+(camera.CFrame.LookVector*Vector3.new(1, 0, 1)).Unit):VectorToWorldSpace(Vector3.new…
The reason for the .Unit is to compensate for the lost Magnitude when removing the Y component.

Edit: When I say the x and z components are lower I mean that the Magnitude is lower since you remove a whole component of the Vector.

1 Like

I don’t recommend using BodyMovers in new work as they are considered legacy and have been superseded by constraint-based movers:

3 Likes

then whats the best way todo it? i just want basic movements i dont want acceleration and all just basic , i am open to using Cframes and how does a humanoid move the characters ?

i tried using your code it works nicely but when the character hits a wall the character just gets flung most of the time the bodyvelocity’s maxforce = math.huge , 0 , math.huge i made the Y 0 because the
character kept flying with that on math.huge

ok guys i found out that use CFrames is the way to go its soo much better than using velocity it even replicates very well