How to "naturally" rotate the player?

Hello
I would like with a script to “naturally” rotate the player at a certain degree without player changing its position. I do it by rotating HumanoidRootPart , but it is basically teleporting and does not seem natural.
Is there some good way to rotate the player with some method similar to MoveTo, which involves the default Roblox movement animations?

Thanks

Have you used TweenServic? It should work

You could set the HumanoidRootPart’s CFrame to instantly change the player rotation or use gradually change it using Lerp or TweenService.

Character.HumanoidRootPart.CFrame *= CFrame.Angles(0, math.rad(RotationInDegress), 0)

Notice that the player is able to rotate himself during movement if the player’s Humanoid.AutoRotate is true or if he bumps into something that makes the HumanoidRootPart change it’s orientation

Use AlignOrientation, I think that’s what games like Criminality use to rotate the player to a certain degree without glitching

You are right, using AlignOrientation with OrientationAlignmentMode setted to OneAttachment, the AlignOrientation’s Attachment0 setted to the HumanoidRootPart’s RootAttachment and the right configurations makes it look the most natural for me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.