How to optimize weapon animations with fewer scripts

Hello Fellas

I am working on a Roblox game that involves weapons. However, I have encountered a problem. I have watched many YouTube videos that show how to create and implement weapon systems, but they all add a local script to the tool itself for animations and attacks.

Adding multiple local scripts to each weapon in the game may cause more lag and just be generally unoptimized. This is why I want each weapon to have its animations and a way to play all the animations, including attack animations, with a single/minimal local script or module script

Any ideas on how to start? Any help is appreciated.

2 Likes

I don’t understand your point. To have the tools working you need the script right ? The only thing that i can suggest you is to take a look at this service:

This is a service that helps you avoid copying multiple times the same script, the problem is that the process to create the script is a bit different from regular one and it could be usable with tools not sure.

1 Like

You can put a script inside the character, using StarterCharacterScripts , and then detect when a tool is added with ChildAdded and run whatever animation code you need there

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.