How to override default animations without forking Animate script

I want to overide the default walk and jump animations, however every solution I’ve come across relies on forking the Animate script, which I do not want to do. Reason being if Roblox ever decides to update/change it, I’d have repeat this step over and over (plus it adds on like 3k lines of code to my game, which I don’t want)

I’ve tried using HumanoidDescriptions, but they don’t seem to work, so any other solution is greatly appreciated

1 Like

Would using Humanoid.Jumping and Humanoid.Running work?

Not really for my use case. I don’t want to overide them like that. No reference to robloxs default animations should be loaded at all

Why not fork roblox’s animation script, its already perfectly fine and i dont think they are going to change much in it in the future. Your other choice would be making your own animation script.

Or you could make a cheap trick and stop all humanoid animations when humanoid state changes to running or jumping and play your own animation i guess.

No. HumanoidDescription has the property for this, thus it should work. I refuse to fork anything from Roblox’s end, it’s not worth it, and imo, bad practice.

Isnt there a option in settings to change the animations? If i remember correctly

https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/articles/humanoiddescription-system

Has been some time since i worked with Humanoid Descriptions but in there should be everything you need to know (Change an existing Character’s Animations should be what your looking for, just do that on character added and you should be good to go.)

Don’t you think I’ve already looked there… there example works, but if I plug my own animation Id’s in then it doesn’t work. I uploaded the animations, using them in a game I made. There’s nothing I’m doing wrong

If the problem is still unanswered in an hour i will see for myself and test it.

I believe you are able to modify the animation id values that are loaded into the animate script after the character has loaded, and then the animate script will use those.

That does not work either

40 characters

Did you change the StringValue’s Value or the Animation’s AnimationId?

The string values have no value, I switched the animation ids. They don’t work like that