"How to post a Bug Report" Lacks Client Version Information

The current explanation regarding crash files for section three of the Hyperion section says to, “create a file %LOCALAPPDATA%\Roblox\Versions<your-current-client-version-here>\ClientSettings\ClientAppSettings.json.” However, it doesn’t explain how to determine your current client version. By omitting this crucial information, users that do not know how to get their client version are unable to get the proper crash logs for further diagnostics.

cc @Hooksmith

12 Likes

Thanks for the post, I’ve asked someone to clarify the instructions.

8 Likes

Does your Hyperion crashes simply close your Roblox client with no error messages? That’s the issue I’m facing and was wondering how common of an issue that is and how to resolve it.

I’ve tried all sorts of different methods, but it seems like nobody else is having the same issue.

2 Likes

Yes. I made a bug report here, but it’s not being actioned.

3 Likes

I’ve had a long chain conversation with various Roblox employees about this, and none of the options worked. All of which seemed to be pulled straight from YouTube as well.

I’ll bump that post since it seems to be a broad issue, along with sharing my experience with the bug.

3 Likes