How to prevent certain output?

I am planning on utilizing Swordphin123’s Raycast Hitbox for a combat system, so I turned off CanTouch on the Handle of my tool. I heard that disabling it allows some small level of performance boost:

The issue I have is that there is something that is always outputting:
Handle has CanTouch set to False. No TouchTransmitter will be created.

How do I prevent this from outputting?

I have tried disabling CanTouch for my part, and figured that it doesn’t print anything. It probably prints as a warning, do you have any script that tries to use .Touched event on Handle or anything related to touching the Handle? That could possibly trigger that error?

I have no localscript in my game using the Touched event.

Might I add that it only prints when I equip my tool. No scripts in the tool.

Try turning RequireHandle on the Tool off maybe? I’ve seen this as well, but just turned CanTouch back on.

I have tried disabling RequireHandle and it still prints it out.

Disable RequireHandle and then rename Handle to something else, try that.

This fixes the issue of the output, but f I rename Handle to something else, then the tool will not equip it with an animation, which is something I want to happen.

Couldn’t you use Tool.Equipped function to play the animation? Hmm, I don’t see why your animation wouldn’t play if there’s no handle, try editing scripts with Handle to the new name you’ve set to the Handle

I am talking about the Roblox default equipping animation.

I guess there is no way to remove this output. Someone will just have to put it up as a request to disable certain types of outputs.

As of what I plan to do to mitigate this output, I will just not depend on Roblox’s default tool system and will make my own along with the combat system.

Oh, I am not really sure how to disable handle without disabling the animation, a way thru this is just playing the “hand-out” animation or just make a custom animation when equipping the tool.

What sucks is that the Handle automates the welding of the tool to the hand, so I will just have to do that myself.

Yea, or I guess you can ignore performance and just enabling cantouch again, shouldn’t be too expensive on performance anyway

1 Like