How to prevent this exploit?

If it is truly a backdoor, this can (and will) get bypassed easily, as they could just delete the serverscript.

2 Likes

As I’ve previously stated, my solution is temporary. We all know that treating situations like this with bandaids will not patch the exploit permanently.

If the backdoor or faulty remote event/function is this severe. I am unable to offer any more solutions ,because the OP was not able to find the root of the problem.

Thank you for restating my point.

1 Like

Change values? What do you mean? Can get they like a StringValue that gets inserted in their character?

1 Like

no it just changes the value of whichever value I need it to change at the time

i.e IsStriking gets changed from false to true or Position gets changed from ‘Standing’ to ‘Sitting’

i’m aware this was a bad method but most of the scripts in this game are heavily outdated and have been redone for the next game. I’m only supporting this game now b/c some people still find it enjoyable.

1 Like

Having this same exact issue with my game, no clue why as we don’t have any free models in the game/searched for any malicious plugins and came up empty-handed. Honestly clueless on this.

yeah I’m still in this boat as well, the aforementioned solutions a few days later returned the same results as before. Exploits still occur even after removing admin, checking all Events, and trying the forcefield & Explosion removal script.

At this point I’ve given up trying to patch the exploit and I’ve moved on to working on the next game.

yeah, I removed every script/plugin from the game the other day and they still managed to do it.

I’m not sure what issue you’re still having. Explosions don’t replicate. If they are being replicated or it affects other players, you have a clear vulnerability in your game. If an exploiter creates an explosion, only they will see the effects of it. Characters will appear in pieces to them, as well as anything else that’s held together with welds. No one else will see the change.

1 Like