How to put a games data into another game

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? I’m trying to put all of my game data into another one of my games

2. What is the issue? I have no clue how to do it!

3. What solutions have you tried so far? I tried searching it up, and trying to figure it out myself

You cannot transfer Datastore data. Only way you can do this is if they are under the same game.

reference: Data carry over to new place

1 Like

Presumably you’re on about DataStores. DataStores are shared with all Places within a Game (Universe), but they cannot be shared outside of the game or exported. You’d have to use HttpService and create your own solution for data storage if you wanted to share between games (or make use of existing ones, such as Trello - [Referral link] (not recommended) or Airtable - [Referral link]).

1 Like

Well the only way, well this would ahve worked if you didnt already have that data is using a custom database using http service

I’m pretty sure the only way that you can transfer code over to another game is via DataStore & The game being a sub-place of the original place.

For example here’s how I do it.

Novah.get_module('data-store')._setdata(plr, {
	_selectedlat = 48.8566,
	_selectedlon = 2.3522
})

Novah.call_event('player-move-region', plr)

The player-move-region function will move the player to a place created by the game via a template.
The template will read out the data like so:

local name = game:GetService('MarketplaceService'):GetProductInfo(game.PlaceId).Name
if Novah.get_module('data-store')._ggetdatakey(name) ~= nil then
	print('detected new region!')
	Novah.call_event('server-region-create')
end

if game:GetService('RunService'):IsStudio() then
	Novah.call_event('server-region-create')
end

Probably a really bad example of how this can be done, but this is the only time I’ve used cross-place data sharing.