How To Randomly Set a GUI Frame on Screen

Hello! I was trying to use Udim2 for placing a frame randomly on the gamers screen. So it would appear in different spots. I received no errors, but it doesn’t work.

local db = false

local tableofContent = {

"Fish",
	"Fish1"

}

script.Parent.MouseButton1Click:Connect(function()
	if db == false then
		db = true
		task.wait(math.random(4,6))
		db = false
		script.Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent:WaitForChild("FishingLocator"):WaitForChild("TextButton").Position = UDim2.new(math.random(0.5,0),0,math.random(0.9,0),0)
		script.Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent:WaitForChild("FishingLocator"):WaitForChild("TextButton").Visible = true
		task.wait(1.5)
		script.Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent:WaitForChild("FishingLocator"):WaitForChild("TextButton").Visible = false
		end
end)

Thank you again!

1 Like

math.random uses a minimum and a maximum value, the ones you gave are not, and decimals do not work either, and I suppose you try to change between any of them, do this

local X,Y = {0.5,0}, {0.9,0}
local db = false

local tableofContent = {
	"Fish",
	"Fish1"
}

script.Parent.MouseButton1Click:Connect(function()
	if db == false then
		db = true
		task.wait(math.random(4,6))
		db = false
		script.Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent:WaitForChild("FishingLocator"):WaitForChild("TextButton").Position = UDim2.new(X[math.random(#X)],0,Y[math.random(#Y)],0)
		script.Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent:WaitForChild("FishingLocator"):WaitForChild("TextButton").Visible = true
		task.wait(1.5)
		script.Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent:WaitForChild("FishingLocator"):WaitForChild("TextButton").Visible = false
	end
end)
1 Like

Thank you so much for your help!

1 Like