How to remove basic animations on R15 custom characters?

Hello again!

So I’ve been working on a custom character and I’ve already posted a question on something but I’m wondering how u remove the basic animations for R15 since I want to add custom animations instead. can somebody help me figure it out?

-HystericalBinky

1 Like

Create a local script in starter character scripts and name it Animate. It should stop the normal animation script from appearing since you replaced it

1 Like

Did that but the normal animations still play?

There are few ways to change the default animations of the character, but if you wanna just replace the default ones with customs for your custom character only, you can try the following :

1. Go in Test mode > In the game explorer > Workspace > HystericalBinky (your username) > Animate.
  2. When you found the local script named “Animate”, copy it and then, stop testing.
  3. After that, paste the local script into your custom character’s model, normally located in “StarterPlayer”, it’s not really necessary, but placing it there can help you to see the results of the custom animations you’re using when you are in test mode.
  4. Now, you need to change the IDs of the animations, they are located inside the string values of “Animate”, change all IDs for each animation with the ones you would like to use.
  5. Once you finished, Take the “Animate” local script and put it inside your custom character’s model.
  6. Test!
  7. (Only if it doesn’t work). If it still doesn’t work, you can change the IDs (Or URLs) written in the local script, change them with the IDs you would like to use (It has to be like “rbxassetid://00000000” for example)

If you did all the steps correctly, your custom character should be using the custom animations you have set.

I hope it will help! Good luck with your project!

2 Likes

I tried it. but it din’t work. the script just gets replaced by the original.

now it does work, but only when changing the script inside of my character when actually testing. Is there a way to make it to where it always uses my custom animations?

1 Like

If N.4 didn’t work, then you can’t (or maybe with a custom script to bypass it) change IDs in the string values, you have the change the IDs in the “Animate” local scripts so when you are in testing mode and in-game, the IDs you put in the local script will apply to the default Animations, replacing them.

Also, be sure to have the local script in your custom character’s model and completely named “Animate” so it can prevent the original “Animate” with the default animations to generate as @Wizard_player1001 explained, otherwise it will appear in your custom character and the default animations will still play.

I hope it will fix the issue!

I did name it “Animate” and put it in the model thats in StarterPlayer. Also there are multiple scripts IN the local script and so i had to go to the “R15” module script. But is there like a way to make it to where if u join it automatically changes to my own animations so I don’t have to change it manually?

As u can see in this screenshot: https://gyazo.com/2f45600da496a1ed92b7a0b0c0ffc8c9
i put the script into my model. but when i join it just does the basic animations. So idk whats up.

Did you go in the local script “Animate” until line 17 ? You can find a table with all the animations in your character with theirs IDs. You have to change in the URLs, the IDs with the IDs of your custom animations.

There is an example : https://gyazo.com/f19310c8933e29ace30be73d5e1f82f0

I think we got different scripts… Mine has like 5 scripts inside of the “Animate” script and im currently in the R15 script since I use R15 in my game.

this is my animate script: https://gyazo.com/38a4866e7f0a012c434c8642460d25a3
and then there’s all these scripts and values inside: https://gyazo.com/ceff331d076557b5199575da8aa32bb7

I think that I know why we don’t have the same local script. You took the script directly from the custom character, which it isn’t what you had to do. You need to :

1. In avatar settings, Set to R15 ONLY
  2. You need to take the “Animate” script from YOUR avatar, and not the one from the custom character, to do that, remove your custom character’s model from starter player to somewhere else (So your avatar can spawn, in R15).
  3. Go in test mode, Workspace > HystericalBinky > Animate (The correct “Animate” has only stringValues inside with animation objects, for example : run, walk, jump, idle etc… nothing else) copy “Animate” and leave test mode.
  4. Paste “Animate” in your custom character’s model and change the IDs in the local script like I explained before.
  5. Replace your custom character’s model inside StarterPlayer.
  6. Test!

Try those steps to see if it fixed the issue!

Im getting the same Animate script when I just use my own character and have the custom character in workspace. I have the R15 option in game settings checked to. sooooo

That’s weird… Maybe we use differents constructions for animations or something.

Did you check the “R15” module script or the “Controller” module script ? maybe the IDs are stored inside them.

The ID’s are in the R15 module script, which i’ve already tried changing and then trying again. But as I said that doesn’t work.

Did you do the same with “Animate” too ? I mean changing the IDs

There aren’t any ID’s in “Animate” again. There are only ID’s in the R6 and R15 module scripts.

Can you show me an image of the “R15” module script with the IDs ? It will help me to see what it can be the cause

Also, do you have any plug-in that is based about animations ? It can maybe be the cause why your “Animate” is different

Yes, I do have the moon animator plugin