How to Remove Pants when Shirt is Part of Pants

Hi,
A lot of the 2d clothing I create includes a tank top or sleeveless shirt as part of the pants. So it’s uploaded as a pants, but when wearing it, it has a top included.

My problem is that in my game, I am trying to allow players to try on waist attachments, like a single skirt. I wrote my script to remove the pants when this is done, to avoid overlapping and a sloppy look. The problem is, that if the player is wearing pants that include a top as mentioned above, the player appears to not be wearing any top (nude). Is there anyway to remove just the lower portion of the pants. I assume no, but just thought I would make sure?

Or is there a way to add multiple attachments, like a waist center attachment and a front attachment at the same time, that way I could include a front attachment.

The first pic is my pants that include a tank top as one piece. The second pic is what happens when I remove the pants to add the waist attachment.

2 Likes

You cannot remove any part from the clothes.

Unless, you want to do some very tricky stuff with SurfaceGuis - slicing clothes’ images and making custom ones out of that. But that would probably turn out pretty bad anyways.

Another option is using the pants ID for the shirt, but this will make the pants appear on your arms.

Didn’t quite understand the part about the attachments. You can create multiple attachments for any body part of your character.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I’ll probably just remove the option for skirts (waist attachments) because any player wearing pants that include a tank top or sleeveless shirt will appear topless when they put the skirt on.

1 Like