How to remove specular glow but keep metallic look

ive made this model but it has a white glow to the edges, i suspect this is from EnvironmentSpecular in lighting settings but if i turn it to 0 i completely lose the metallic look that i want. im wondering if there is a way to get rid of the white glow on the edges while keeping the metallic look. ive already ruled out that this isnt ambient occlusion.

no specular

1 Like

I’m sorry but I dont think its possible. Although you can send the model and we can try to remove it while keeping the specular. But that’s all I can think of sadly.

The best way to keep the metallic look is to create your texture that has the metallic and color you want.

i would send the models here but its a commission and i doubt they want me to post models online. thanks for the info though

Did you use autosmooth in blender?

yes i used autosmooth for this

I do know a way but I’m not sure if it fully works, basically export your mesh part with a grey texture ( or the texture you want your metals color to be ), then go to the mesh’s properties in Roblox studio and set the material to metal. it will have the metallic texture without the specular part I think. or just turn of castshadow.

seems like changing it to metal still has the same effect, looking like im just gonna have to deal with it. thanks for the reply though

This might require a PBR SurfaceAppearance. You’d make the Roughness map white, and the Metalness map white.(Rough specularity, smooth metallicness)

Edit: on top of that, the geometry has to connect each spine to the base, or the bottom of the spine needs to bend the light further up the length by being wider underneath the base! Combining these two methods will make it pop!

couldnt remove the metallic and roughness map since that gives the metallic look i want, but i did extrude the spikes further in and that seems to have done the trick! theres still a bit of gloss on the edges, but its a lot better now.