How to remove stolen models from the market?

They take a couple of days but when in touch with roblox email it’s best to constantly check your email to reply as quickly as possible so they can help you. Theres nothing you can really do other than ask the person to remove it, add protection to your game and wait for roblox customer support to get back to you. Theres not a whole lot of protection for devs and their products unfortunately.

Several exploits allow the user to run code on their client in the game. Using this, it is fairly easy to access everything the client is able to see/use and save it.

Anything that you can see on your screen when you play a game is possible for the client to steal.

Thats interesting, I’ve never heard of this before. I really wish roblox would implement better features for things like stolen models being on the market as you can surely prove its yours. This isn’t so much a big deal for me because I get paid nonetheless and I dont make games of my own. best wishes @Hiuh29

Thank you, yes it is easy to prove, but what I regret is the inaction of roblox to delete the stolen models and strange thing, there is even written on the model "torn from (and the name of the game) "I don’t understand why it can’t be deleted

1 Like

I feel very sorry for you. I would definitely keep pushing roblox or like I said, mass reporting from you and your friends. Good luck and I hope it gets removed.

2 Likes

The problem is that it could have been obtained legally and fair. If the player goes into your game and builds the model brick by brick then that’s a grey area where it isn’t breaking any rules but it’s also stealing.

The truth is that you should focus on making your game very original and popular on its own that if someone were to steal a model everyone would recognize it from your game

But it is already the case my game has 550,000 visits, 20,000 visits per day, the constructions are very complex, and at the bottom of the stolen models it is written "Ripped from gameName

I even found the trace of the thieves, .They extort models from known games for orders

Ok you can’t post their discord or call them out here that’s not allowed. And anyways my point is be transparent. Don’t worry about people stealing your models because at the end of the day, they can’t steal all of your game.
They may steal say a house, or a ranch, or even the entire map. But what they won’t have is gameplay. That’s where you have to make your game great. If so many people are already playing your game then in reality you don’t have to worry about stolen models.

Treat everything that you replicate to the client as if they are stealing it. Never trust the client. Everything you type every part you make is no longer yours on the client (except for IP - you own the rights to your IP and can take legal action if they steal that).

it is precisely my intellectual property that is flouted. I found games using my builds saying it was their creations. That’s what hurts me

1 Like

Well in that case I’m not a lawyer or anything so I can’t help you there. Definitely study the terms of service to see what exactly the procedures are and what they are allowed to do. I suppose you should email roblox about what you would do when your IP is stolen.

1 Like