How to replace Develop with Creations [JS]

If you haven’t heard, ROBLOX is coming out with a replacement for the Develop tab! As I like to do things as they’re unintended, I decided to make this.

Note: This will only work for Chrome web browsers.

You will not need any knowledge in coding to use this Chrome extension, I’ve programmed everything for you beforehand.

Start by creating a folder on your computer, name it whatever you’d like.

Then, open notepad. (Notepad++ will work too!)

Paste this code below into notepad, press Save and change the type to “All Files”.

{
  "manifest_version": 2,
  "name": "ROBLOX Creations Tab",
  "version": "0.1",
  "content_scripts": [
    {
      "matches": [
        "<all_urls>"
      ],
      "js": ["fixer.js"]
    }
  ]
}

This is called a Manifest. It controls our Chrome extension and tells it what it needs to do, eg: load our js file.

Now, save it as just manifest.json right into our newly created folder.

Copy this next bit of code, then do CTRL+A while having the Notepad window focused, and paste it, so it replaces everything.

var links = document.querySelectorAll('[href="/develop"]'), i;

for (i = 0; i < links.length; ++i) {
  links[i].href = "https://create.roblox.com/creations";
  links[i].textContent = "Creations";
}

What this does is find every element inside the webpage that has a href of /develop, which is shorter for https://roblox.com/develop, and replaces the text with “Creations” and the href with https://create.roblox.com/creations.

If you don’t know what href is, its what almost every website uses to tell links where they need to lead you. Read more about it on Google :wink:

Go to the url chrome://extensions in Chrome to open up your extensions, and in the top right corner, turn on Developer Mode.

sorry for low quality in this video

A few new buttons should appear, click “Load Unpacked” and select the folder you made in the first step.

Now, check your dashboard, and see the new Creations tab BETA!

Thanks for reading / maybe using this tutorial.
Eventually this will be outdated, as they will more than likely replace the Develop tab with the Creations tab when the BETA is finished, but you can use this for now!

See you later!
- infiniteraymond

8 Likes

This was very helpful, thank you for posting this.

1 Like

In the new Creations website, is there a way to upload shirts on there as I don’t see one

Not sure, I don’t have premium so I can’t tell you, sorry

You could also do this as a UserScript. Then users only need to install the Tampermonkey extension, and you can upload the code to GitHub for users to install.

@glowlez it doesn’t look like it, no.

1 Like

Eh, I don’t trust tampermonkey for some reason. Also, why would I upload 5 lines of code to GitHub?

Very nice, thank you.
PS: the fact that your taskbar is on top triggers me.

2 Likes

Hey I love this but where do I put the second code block? In the manifest or another .json file?

1 Like

Sadly, no, there is no way to upload shirts, pants or t-shirts on the new develop page. I suggest using this legacy one until everything is made.

2 Likes

You save it as a separate file named fixer.js in the same folder of the manifest

1 Like