How to replicate the leafy grass color effect?

Hey !

I’m running into an issue, I would love to create a texture that is like the leafy grass 2022:

So when changing the part’s color or the smooth material color the leafs are not changing as shown above. The same happens with the pre 2022 wood plank’s nails.
I noticed that the color texture is transparent on the leaves and the nails… But I tried to replicate it without success, and where does the leaves texture comes from btw, if it is transparent ?

See it here Images/leafygrass_color - Roblox

The “full” list of the textures used by Roblox
https://create.roblox.com/docs/building-and-visuals/studio-modeling/materials#asset-ids-for-built-in-materials

So I have two questions, first is it replicable ?
If it is, then how ?

Thanks !

2 Likes

SurfaceAppearance, enter the IDs listed on the site and itll do its job

1 Like

Oh so no support for the MaterialVariant I guess, not yet.

1 Like

well yeah there is support for them, place a materialvariant under materialservice, enter the ids and choose the material in properties

then on the object choose that materialvariant

yes this is what I do for all my materials, but the whole texture gets colored when I change the part’s color. The leafy grass from Roblox’s textures has something more and I can’t figure out what it is.

I did replaced the leafy grass texture IDs, the color texture is transparent like the one Roblox made (the ugly spots simulates leaves to test). But when changing the color, everything changes.

The Roblox material is changing only the non transparent colors, leaving the leaves orange/brown even if you set the grass blue or green.

1 Like

oh yeah now i get what you mean

same thing happens when you try to replicate the brick material, pretty sure it’s been reported under the original thread

1 Like