How to revert the Roblox website font! [Extension]

If you want to revert the font on all Roblox websites from “Builder” to “Gotham”, download the file below!

Download: RobloxFontChangeRevert.zip (3.1 KB)

Tutorial:

VirusTotal for extension (The one is a false positive, you can check the code if you’re still unsure, it’s right there!)

After some decision, I have decided to move this post to the bulletin board so that people can still access it, but can no longer reply to it to avoid any further drama.

26 Likes
Old post

Yeah, I just noticed this. For a second I thought the fonts weren’t loading, but then it just stayed like that. If this stays longer than 1 week it’s permanent (in which case, Roblox please change it back, it’s ugly, and hard to read), but if it changes back it was probably a bug.

EDIT: I will make an extension that will revert this change. It will be done soon (a week or 2, no clue), and I’ll post about it. I’ll post about it when it’s a little more useful, and better looking.

RobloxFontChangeRevert.zip (3.1 KB)

The long awaited (for one day) extension!!

I promise the extension will be better soon, it looks horrible right now, but it’s what I could make in a day with how busy I am.

To install:

1. On Chrome/Firefox/Edge, enable developer mode.

2. Unzip the “RobloxFontChangeRevert.zip” file.

3. In the manage extension section of your browser, click “Load unpacked”

4. Select “RobloxFontChangeRevert.zip”, and boom!

Once again, this extension is VERY basic, but I will add on to it for funzies!

NOTE: If you want to check the source code for viruses, right click the pop up, and click “Inspect”. From there, go to “Sources”, and you can view the code. Virustotal links it as a false positive, so I’ll fix that too. (Probably because it’s changing something on a website)

I will work on this too, but for now I hope you enjoy my extension!!

23 Likes

Maybe they’re testing something out. I hope they change it back.

7 Likes

Good god me too, I can’t read it to save my life…

6 Likes

Just noticed this too :laughing: Thought I would come on here to see if it was posted…

7 Likes

They have to do it. The font they used before (Gotham) is a licensed font and they apparently can’t afford it. Same goes for Arial.

11 Likes

Is this like the Discord situation again? All hell is about to break loose :sob::sob:

8 Likes

Really? where did we get this info?

5 Likes

This is intentional and not a testing phase or bug. Roblox is moving away from the Gotham font and transitioning to their new “Builder” one.

See more here:

7 Likes

You’ll get used to it, eventually.
It’s the same case as Discord like you mentioned. They changed their font and everyone got used quickly.
Additionally, they also changed their icons more recently and it was quick to get used to it.

This announcement. Font on website is also Builder font in question.

2 Likes

So they just now migrated to this font then?

3 Likes

Yes - likely due to licensing issues. You’ll see it across the Roblox application, Roblox Studio and Creator Hub eventually too.

2 Likes

Alright, time to work on an extension that replaces this ugly font with the originals… (I’ll have it done by next week, if anyone wants it, pm me lol)

3 Likes

If you make one, can you pleaseee PM me on either the DevForum or Roblox Messages about it? Thanks.

2 Likes

Well, hopefully they build-er better font

hahaahaha

Seriously though, this is disgusting, why is it so condensed?

5 Likes

Yeah, I’ll make a post about it, and PM you. (maybe longer than a week I have no clue how long this will take with school and everything, but I will have it done soon!)

5 Likes

this new font is

22 Likes

Exactly.

I don’t think it’s bolded correctly and it’s weird to look at. This feels as if the fonts just didn’t load in… it’s also too condensed as you mentioned.

9 Likes

Maybe they actually aren’t? In any case this looks horrible.

4 Likes

This is going to cause an outbreak of chaos to non-developers who don’t think to check the DevForums for things like this. I can already see how twitter is going to react :sob:

3 Likes