How to rotate arms and head towards camera

Basically, I’m making an FPS game and what I want is to rotate the arms towards the camera

an example is that if I look down the arms and head would rotate down and look like this

1 Like

So you want to have the player’s arms and head to face the camera depending on the cameras position?

E.g. the camera starts side on with head facing and as the camera moves the head moves with it.

yes, I want the head and arms to face the camera

Okay, you could use CFrame for the head, the arms might need something else.

Yeah, I already know how to rotate the head with motor6ds, however for the arms I cannot find a way to do it

you can lerp the arms’ motor6d, here’s how I personally do:

local hit = (torso.Position.Y - mouse.Hit.Position.Y)/100
local mag = (torso.Position - mouse.Hit.Position).Magnitude/100
local offset = hit/mag

rightS.C0 = rightS.C0:Lerp(CFrame.new(1, 0.5, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 1, 0, -1, -0, -0) * CFrame.fromEulerAnglesXYZ(0, 0, -offset),0.3)
leftS.C0 = leftS.C0:Lerp(CFrame.new(-1, 0.5, 0, -0, -0, -1, 0, 1, 0, 1, 0, 0) * CFrame.fromEulerAnglesXYZ(0, 0, offset),0.3)
3 Likes

I’m assuming the causes the arms to move into the torso sort of?

it’ll rotate the arm’s Y axis depending where the mouse move or the camera

Not too sure but to make it face the camera instead I think you could change this.

local hit = (torso.Position.Y - workspace.currentCamera.CFrame.)/100
local mag = (torso.Position - workspace.currenrCamera.CFrame.Position).Magnitude/100

I’m not currently on PC so haven’t run this code so it may have errors

1 Like

yes, that could work as well. I tried it and it seems like the rotation is inverted while using the camera’s position. I fixed the code incase @mapise7 needed it to move with the camera and not the mouse

local hit = (torso.Position.Y - cam.CFrame.Position.Y)/100 -- as a matter of fact, the number can be changed so it doesn't rotate too much
local mag = (torso.Position - cam.CFrame.Position).Magnitude/100
local offset = -(hit/mag)

oops, I just noticed the arms doesn’t rotate in first person with camera’s position, I have no solution to it