How to save and replay player animations without it killing player

Hi, I’ve been working on a TAS system to showcase tiered obbies/JToH towers without it looking really weird and clunky, and to do that I’ve been trying to save the animations that play on the player while moving (since if you only save the CFrame of the the player’s body parts no animations will play). To save the animations I’ve gone through the Motor6D’s in the player’s character and saved their C0 and C1 values to the TAS which are then played back in replay mode. My problem is, doing this always kills the player and I can’t find a workaround or fix. I’ve tried using Humanoid:SetStateEnabled(Enum.HumanoidStateType.Dead, false) and it didn’t kill the character but it just made all the limbs fly apart and I don’t know how to fix it. Help appreciated.

Pretty sure you can make a character’s limbs not break off by setting Humanoid.BreakJointsOnDeath to false.

Also, couldn’t you just make a clone of the character and animate it from there?

Well my problem isn’t with the macro not replaying, it’s with the character dying and respawning after a few seconds which ends the replay. Ironically it actualls works better with BreakJointsOnDeath set to true. I will try using a clone to replay though, thanks.

If I’ve read this right, you’re using Motor6D to animate the character.

This seems really bad, and moving a player like that might be the reason why the character keeps dying. Instead, you should create an actual animation and have it play using Character.Humanoid.Animator:LoadAnimation() method.

I don’t know why the character dies. However, animations change the Transform property of Motor6Ds every frame so shouldn’t you save those instead and use them in replaying the animations if you don’t use the actual Roblox animations for replaying?

Why? You should be using Transform for Motor6D.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.