How to Save/Read all Clans Name in a DataStore

Basically, I have plans to create a Clan system, but my biggest problem is in relation to the Clan Names.
How will I save the Clan Names so that I can prohibit having 2 Clans with the same Name.

I thought about Saving the Names in a large Table in a Unique DataStore. However, I’m afraid of reaching the limit, either the Table size or the DataStore limit.

Could anyone give an idea of how I can achieve this goal?

1 Like

Make a datastore specifically for storing everything inside of every existing Clan. Then, every key would be the name of the Clan. Then, use GlobalDataStore:GetAsync() to check if that Clan already has information. If it does, then the Clan is already taken.

4 Likes

You would need unique identifiers. You could just add the creator’s user ID on the end to get a freebie unique ID.

If you want to keep it simple you could do clanName.."#"..player.UserId (like Discord), where clan name can’t have a "#" in it.

Then just split it by # to get the string of the clan name and the string for the user id. And when you save stuff about the clan, remember to store it under the clanName.."#"..creator.UserId name, even though you would display it as clanName.

2 Likes