How to scale model

Basically, I have a tree script where I want the tree to grow in size whenever a proximity prompt is triggered in a local script, but I dont know how to increase the size of the tree(the tree is a model). I tried increasing the size of all of the children in the model, but that just makes the tree look really weird. Any answers would help a lot!

Hey @forkyplayss! How are you doing today?

If your tree is a model on your Roblox Baseplate, you need to use the newest method called “Scale” that you can find through the Properties tab on your Roblox Studio application!

local new_Size = 2
Tree_Model:ScaleTo(new_Size)

this should work

is there any way to increase the size instead of just setting the treemodel size?

increase size of what? the ScaleTo function can be use to scale model sizes

like i want it so the scale increases by 0.1 whenever the proximity prompt is triggered, but i dont know how to using ScaleTo()

ic you can do this

local current_Size = Tree_Model:GetScale()   ---GetScale() function gets the current size
local new_Size = current_Size + .1  ---increase the current size by .1 or whatever value you want

Tree_Model:ScaleTo(new_Size)   ---set the new size
``

nevermind i was able to do it on my own, but thanks anyways

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.