How to scale or position same on all devices

anyone know how to fix this?

56 Likes

https://developer.roblox.com/articles/Intro-to-GUIs#positioning-items-in-a-screen-gui

I highly advise scrolling down to the “Positioning items in a Screen Gui” section.

Edit: Just realised you posted a video.

8 Likes

Adding on to this suggestion:

14 Likes

4 Likes

Have you tried this Plugin?

7 Likes

yes and still same problem

4 Likes

Have you tried to position the GUI object from properties instead of dragging?

5 Likes

That achieves the same thing. Dragging it changes the values just like you would if you did it manually.

7 Likes

What I meant was there were a issue that causes this when dragging first added

6 Likes

As seen in the image posted above, you are positioning your objects incorrectly.

Here’s a possible solution:

1. Insert your button into the frame.

2. Set the anchorPoint of the button to 1,0.

3. Move the button to {1,-8},{0,8}.

4. Set the frames anchorPoint to 0.5,0.5.

5. Change the frame’s position to {0.5,0}, {0.5,0}

4-5 are optional, essentialy places the frame in the exact middle of the screen.

This should lock the button to stay in the top left corner, whatever happens. You may lower the gap between the edge and button by decreasing the 8’s.

In the future, try to rely less on the UI editor. If you are planning to make symmetric UI design, changing values directly gives the best results.

(Couldn’t include any example images. Hope you understand anyways.)

19 Likes

Alrighty this explanation should hopefully cover everything you need to know (this is my exact reply to an old post that was similar to yours and it could be that you are not using the plugin correctly)

If you are a complete beginner I am going to recommend some helpful plugins first which I will talk about later:

https://www.roblox.com/library/338813970/Gui-Positioning-Tools

Steps to perfectly positioning your GUI:

1. Make your GUI in scale or offset, in this tutorial it actually doesn’t matter and I will get into why later. Basically if you don’t know what scale or offset are, there are two sizes for GUIs
    The first numbers in each bracket (in this case 0 for both) are the scale size. They change size based on your screen size so if you had 0.1 it would be 10% of your screen no matter what platform. The second number (in this case 100 for both) is the offset number and it makes GUIs at a set size.

2. The reason it does not matter is because of the AutoScale GUI plugin I linked above. When you have finished making your GUI then select it and click
    in the plugin menu. This will scale your GUI and make all the sizes at a percentage of your screen.

3. After you have done this add a UIAspectRatioConstraint to the background and to the buttons of the GUI. You also need to make sure your AspectType is ScaleWithParentSize. (UI AspectRatio constraints can make things into squares so mess with the AspectRatio property to get it to the correct sizing.)

4. Then you should make sure all text is wrapped and scaled so it stays within the text box and is resized for different screens.

5. Lastly you can position it using the GUI positioning tools. There is a way you can manually do this but the plugin does the trick well.

The result should be a smooth GUI that resizes for screens and is positioned properly. Hopefully you find this tutorial helpful!

126 Likes

It seems that the ImageButton is not parented inside of the ImageLabel. Parenting GUI Objects inside of each other will make the GUI Object scale and move relative to the GUI Object’s Parent.

Parent the button inside the ImageLabel, then try again. Hope it helps.

8 Likes

already try to put ImageButton inside ImageLabel

3 Likes

Thankss!!

10 Likes

Sorry for necrobumping, but that i can’t find that “Scale” button anywhere in the script, where is it?

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure it updated, they revamped the Plugin UI. I’m not too sure though. Hopefully that helped :grin:

4 Likes

I have been having issues with rescaling for awhile now, got any tips?

3 Likes

thx dude now i can fit GUI without problems

3 Likes

Still works and is very useful so thank you very much!

1 Like

Is it possible to use it with items in a folder?