How to see printed messages and where a warning came from

I’m talking about messages from a published game and actual roblox lobbies. I’m using a pcall and print the error if there is one.

print(tostring(result))

Is there any way to see these printed messages because it is useless if I don’t know what the error is. If this isn’t possible please tell me how to do it so it does show up in the error report.
Also, I have some warnings in the error report but it doesn’t show me what line or the script it comes from.

I have that piece of code in multiple parts of multiple scripts so I don’t know where its coming from.

2 Likes

… Can you run code in the creator hub??? where???

(If this is in fact about studio, Try checking the output!)

2 Likes

I’m talking about a published game, so messages from actual roblox lobbies.

1 Like

you can do ctrl+shift+f and search for Frisbee:WaitForChild(“Handle”) in the studio

1 Like

See how it doesn’t tell me which script or line it came from. I know which scripts have this in it but it doesn’t tell me which

1 Like

I don’t think the creator hub is going to be of much help. Try running this in studio (and if it only works in multiplayer try Team Test). Warnings or errors from the Output console in studio tell you directly from where it’s coming from (unless it’s from a CoreScript).

1 Like

I know but the problem is I can never recreate these errors in studio and they only happen when there is some lag or something idk.

1 Like

Well, it looks like your warning is coming from a tool. Maybe try using it in studio and leave it running for a couple of seconds? Not to say you haven’t tried, but an “infinite yield possible” error typically takes a moment to pop up.

1 Like

Ya I’ve tested it hundred of times and never seen it and if it did happen there would be something visually off that would let me know right away that something isn’t right

1 Like

Hm. Is the error client-side, and is this in a published game? I can try figuring out how the bug is replicated for you.

1 Like

Its server side. I’ll probably create a separate post for it but knowing where the warning came from would be useful.

2 Likes

from the AI:
"The “Infinite Yield” error message is often related to a script that is causing the game to run indefinitely, which can lead to performance issues or even crashes. When a script yields infinitely, it means that the script is stuck in an infinite loop and is not allowing the game to progress or update.

One possible approach to try might be to review your script’s logic and look for any potential infinite loops or recursive functions that could be causing the issue. You can also try to add some debug prints or logging statements to see where the script is getting stuck.

Another option could be to try to isolate the issue by commenting out sections of your script or removing certain functions to see if the error persists. This can help you narrow down the cause of the issue and potentially identify the problematic code."

From the Devforum:

1 Like