How to select the parts in a model in Blender (Roblox GFX)

In Blender when I add an object from Roblox sometimes to make my gfx I want to delete unnecessary things so the render process is quicker and Blender is less laggy but it selects the whole model.
blenderviewthing sometimes I don’t want to use the “Scene collection” to delete things because I don’t really know what I’m deleting and the model can be big sometimes. Is there a way to select parts in a model in Blender? (like the ALT+Click in Roblox)

3 Likes

You do know this isn’t a Blender forum?
Are you trying to delete some areas of the model (sections of vertices) or items from the list in the Collection?
For vertices click on your selection tool, then the small arrow in the bottom RH corner (I think) of the icon to allow you to drag a selection box or circle around items.
If you want to delete an item like Cube.001 from the list you showed, just select it, right click and choose Delete from the drop-down menu.

1 Like

Blender makes meshes out of what you import from Roblox, so many of the individual “parts” go away. Try importing part by part.

This doesn’t have anything to do with roblox, besides being about gfx. You should ask this on a blender forum or something instead of on a roblox forum.

Blender 2.8 and newer versions now cause imported meshes from Roblox to merge into one by default, but there is a solution.

In order to import a model into Blender in separate parts, you need to change a setting upon importing the .obj file into Blender.

When you go to import your model from Studio into Blender 2.8, change your settings from Split by Object to Split by Group . It’s on the right side of the import popup and will look like this, you may need to open the Geometry drop down to see these settings.

2 Likes