How to send builds?

I am not a pro developer and have never done a commission, I am exploring building but wonder if I ever do a commission how will I send my build to a client. Should I just save to file and send the build or is there something else?

4 Likes

After you’ve done everything the client asked for, send the build as an .rblx file. As for payment, you kinda decide how that goes - you could send the build file after or before payment (preferably after they pay)

6 Likes

thank you for the help I will note that

2 Likes

I would suggest getting paid first if your client is okay with that.

1 Like

You should only ever get paid first. The reason for this is very simple.

• You’ve completed the commission, and have already suffered cost (time spent). You have no reason to hold on to a model, because it 1. doesnt cost you anything extra to send, 2. you don’t lose any of your work when you send it.
  • They\ve completed nothing, and have suffered no costs. They stand to gain everything, by not paying.

One side has no reason to not complete, the other side stands to gain everything that’s on the table with no added cost.

Also importantly, payment doesn’t need to be fulfilled until the client has seen and agreed with the results. If they have changes they need, you change them. If they’re asking for an unreasonable amount of changes, then that’s one of the only reasons for actual conflict.

4 Likes