How to set a fixed character scale when using a custom startercharacter?

I am using a custom startercharacter which is exactly the same but it uses mesh deformation, My issue is that the included script loads the players settings exactly and not my custom scaling settings I set. How can I fix this?

My scaling is body = 80% and everything else at 100 expect proportions and body type.

Heyo! I’m assuming you’re talking about HipHeight, so you should select the Humanoid in your StarterCharacter.

Then go to it’s properties and fix it over there, it should work just fine.
(Change the HipHeight to suit the height of your custom StarterCharacter so that the feet are touching the ground, you can change it around to see which height works best for you.)

If that doesn’t work then you can try creating a LocalScript under StarterCharacterScripts, and use something like:

wait(.1) -- (optional)
local height = -- Your desired height value here
script.Parent.Humanoid.HipHeight = height -- Set the HipHeight property to the desired height

Then it should work just fine and adjust the hip height of your custom character.

However, I’m not sure if that is what you’re talking about, I scaled down my character in the Model properties, and it worked just fine as well.

You can always write down a script to manually change it for you, if you’d like, and let me know if you meant something else, or if this didn’t work. Because I didn’t understand what your issue was talking about. :wut:

Good luck!

I know what hipheight is, I am talking about the characters width, This can be changed per avatar on the roblox website but I need to change it specifically for my game. This is how those slim blocky avatars exist (I am currently using one so if you are confused you can just look at my avatar)

i just realized that I can use the default player character to get the values I need then apply them to my custom character, thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.