How to set the visibility of handles faces via script?

In setting the visibility of a specific handle face while eliminating the remaining faces, I have tried:

Handles.Faces.Top = false
Handles.Faces.Bottom = false
Handles.Faces.Left = false
Handles.Faces.Right = false
Handles.Faces.Back = false

However, the output errors with:
ErrorOutput

First thing I’ve noticed is that there is some sort of glitch where the output does not say the bool value assigned via script. Secondly, this doesn’t work. Does anyone know how I should go about changing the visibility of handles via script?

As with Vector3s and many other of Roblox’s custom data types, this is a more or less finalized object that can’t be changed after it is created. Throw it out and get a new one. Hopefully, this will work, the wiki page for this could use some clarification for beginner scripters. This is far more reminiscent of a more modular, strongly-typed language like Java or C#, and I’m surprised this requires so many letters.

Handles.Faces = Faces.new({
    Vector3.FromNormalId(Enum.NormalId.Front),
    Vector3.FromNormalId(Enum.NormalId.Top) -- Just as an example, this is how you would add more. It's just a table.
})
2 Likes

Ah, no wonder all my attempts at changing a pre-existing handle never bore any fruit. The solution you have given most definitely works. The wiki does not clarify very much. I did however, find some useful information in an extremely secluded corner of the wiki. The article feels more like it is trying to hide this valuable information though (:/)

Oh. Don’t even need the Vector3. Yeah, that’s what we get. I’ll go submit a request for better documentation.

1 Like

Huh, I never noticed that. Just shows how the wiki is all the more complicating people. Better documentation is definitely needed, thanks for your help!