How to setup a Car on A-Chassis!

Hello everyone.
I saw a lot of people struggling with A-Chassis. So I decided to make tutorial on it.

1. You need to pick A-Chassis. I recommend using the newest one, which is version 1.5 or you can use 1.4 which is very similar similar to 1.5 version. In this tutorial I’m going to use 1.4 version which you can get here.

2. After getting the model, now we are going to insert it in workspace. You can insert it by going on the “View” section, click the Toolbox. Now go to the “Inventory”
    TheInventory
    And insert the A-Chassis.

3. After inserting A-Chassis you are going to need a car Body and a car Wheel.
    carsetup
    So now we are going to setup the car. First you are going to do is getting chassis wheel.

Now you are going to move it to the mesh wheel. You can do that by going to the mesh wheel,copying tire position and putting it in the “FL” part position.
    wheelsetp2
    For me it is looking like this. So next you are going to do is scale the “FL” part to match with the Tire size.
    afterscaling
    After scaling it should look like this. Next you are going to do is go to your Mesh Wheel model and select everything. Make sure that you put CanCollide = false so it can move properly and move it to “FL”, Parts model.
    afterputtingitin
    Next thing you are going to do is delete other wheel parts, “FR”, “RL”,“RR”.

4. Now you are going to position the wheels. Now you deleted the “FR”, “RL”,“RR”, you have only “FL”. Now position that wheel where you want. FL = Front Left, FR = Front Right, RL = Rear Left, RR = Rear Right.
    wHEELS.PNG
    Now you positioned the FL wheel,duplicate it and move it where you want to be Rear Left wheel. After you positioned that wheel, rename it to “RL”. Now duplicate “FL” wheel again, rotate it and move it to Front Right position and rename it “FR” (All caps), now duplicate “FR” and move it where you want to be Rear Right wheel position and rename it “RR” (All caps).

If you did all steps right It should look like this.

5. Now the body. So you are going to your car body model, select all and make sure that its Anchored and CanCollide = false, Keep it selected and move it to the “Body” model in chassis.
    exploreryes
    It should look like this.

6. Last step is positioning “DriveSeat” - VehicleSeat. Go to the model and you will see DriveSeat. Select it and move it to the where you want Driver to sit. Also make sure that everything is Anchored or it will not work.

I hope you liked my tutorial. It took me a while to explain. Cya guys

64 Likes

Nice tutorial! There are many YT videos on this, however, but, great tutorial!

8 Likes

There’s a ton of guides and videos on how to do this, but it’s nice content regardless.

You should make a tutorial on tuning the cars and what most of the options do/change. There aren’t enough guides on that stuff in my opinion.

7 Likes

Yea I will do that tutorial. How to tune A-Chassis, HP,RPM’s,etc. Thanks.

2 Likes

How do you tune the chassis’ tire grip? My cars often skid when you slightly turn while accelerating

2 Likes

That happens when car wheels are little bit buggy. Try replacing whole “Wheels” model and see if it helps.

2 Likes

When I put my meshes into the body, the car just shakes. All the parts don’t have CanCollide on, not sure what the problem is.

2 Likes

Always have been wanting to learn how to setup car bodies on A-Chassis, now I can! Thanks for the awesome tutorial hope all is well and keep the great tutorials coming man. :rocket: :oncoming_automobile:

3 Likes

I am extremly sorry for late reply, what chassis did you use?

2 Likes

Did you make that tutorial on how to tune a car? It would have been nice to have before i spent 3 hours trying to get my truck to the perfect tune: 12 gears, low top speed, but high power for uphill, without an insane acceleration (took me a while to figure out high power = high EqPoint)

4 Likes

Hello! Its hard here to explain how to tune car, truck, etc. I will make another tutorial on that. So stay tuned.

2 Likes

Master what chassis is the best to use and my chassis is doing wheel wobble?

1 Like

teach me a chassis tuneing! plz man!

1 Like

Sure. I will make a tutorial then I will tell you when im done.

1 Like

thankyou dude for answering on your time

1 Like

How do I fix my tires from wobbling?
https://streamable.com/f1dpk4

1 Like

Hey there!

You want to make sure your A-Chassis tire is perfectly fitted onto the actual tire mesh, I suggest copying the position of the mesh and pasting it into the position of the A-Chassis Wheel. From there you can size it accordingly.

Hope this helped!

1 Like

Will you make this into a “series” and also cover plugins and other stuff such as how to put lights and ELS systems on?

2 Likes

how do i fix that problem i have it to

1 Like

Is there anyway to skip the step where you deactivate collisions on the body parts? I wanna keep the collision on, but not sure if there’s a way to work around it without the wheels colliding body.

1 Like