How to simulate a garage door opening?

I have two MeshPart, the sides of the garage door and the internal grille, which should gradually rise while opening:

If this internal grille was not a MeshPart, I could simply resize it gradually, as shown in this tutorial:

However, if I resize my current MeshPart, it will be distorted.

How could I gradually lift this internal grid without distorting the MeshPart? It would be as if I gradually “cut” the top part while lifting the grid …

2 Likes

You could always use tween services
TweenService | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub

1 Like

Thanks but I think you didn’t understand my question.

1 Like

I don’t believe that there’s any way to resize it without distorting your MeshPart. If you aren’t able to position it directly upwards, my suggestion would be to have it open like traditional garage doors do where it goes on the rails up to the ceiling like this:

3 Likes

If possible you can try making the ceiling a little taller so it can fit.

3 Likes

If you aren’t able to make the ceiling taller, you can cut the mesh into smaller parts and have parts gradually disappear once they are not visible.

2 Likes

if object Y position is higher than your maximum position it sets it to that Y position or simply makes it transparent and cannot collide

1 Like

@Ninja_Deer, @sjr04, @azlentic
All options are good, however, in my case, even having more work, I’ll subdivide the inner grille.
Thank you all. :+1:

3 Likes

I do understand what you were asking and what I put is correct you can use that.