How to smoothly move a character

Hello! I am making a procedurally animated spider that i want to be the player’s character

It does not contain a humanoid object.
The problem is that if i un-anchor the body part, it would start sliding around as if the legs pulled it somewhere. I tried making a custom character controller with an un-anchored cube and move it with BodyVelocity. That worked well but as I said, if i un-anchored the spider’s body to move it using BodyVelocity, it would start sliding around. I don’t think I could control a character using TweenService because it moves the object depending on time and not speed. Is there any way to smoothly move an anchored object without using TweenService? I think it would be difficult to control a character using lerp(). Or how would I make the spider stop sliding around when I unanchor it?

Any help appreciated!

1 Like

why not rig the spider and put a humanoid its much simpler that way and since the spider doesnt have a head then just add a invisible head so the game thinks this is a player? and use the animator editor to animate it?

and to stop sliding you can use custompyhsicalproperties of friction and make it high value

That’s not what I want to do. It’s a procedurally animated character that I don’t want to have humanoid. I am asking if there is any way to smoothly move it.
Keep in mind that i dont want to just move it somewhere but i want to control it using WASD, meaning TweenService would be hard to implement.

1 Like

Removing Humanoid results in removing ALL HUMANOID RELATED SCRIPTS which means you will have to make a HUGE number of scripts which handle it alternatively… that would be a real headache.

I just want to control a part named spider.

You could probably use BodyForce etc but again I’m not 100% sure if that would work. I’d still give it a try.

Thanks. I’ll try it but i think it does not work for anchored parts.

Doesn’t work :confused: Is there any way to move a part using CFrame but smooth?

CFrame.FromEulerAnglesXYZ

that’s how i move anchored parts smoothly using CFrame

Okay, I’ve never used that. Could you explain a little bit more how i would use it? :smiley:

example, if i were to make a spinning coin, i could do the following:

while true do
script.Parent.CFrame = script.Parent.CFrame * CFrame.FromEulerAnglesXYZ(0.1,0.1,0.1) --change those numbers to how much you want it to move/spin
wait(0.1) --waiting so my script doesn't crash
end)--ending function

if you know how to script the basics, that should give you a decent understanding. Hope i helped.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll try to do it like this, if it doesn’t work i’ll tell you

Umm, that is for angles? I’m not sure how you change the position using Angles.