How to start becoming a builder

I’ve been looking for builders recently. Obviously everyone charges which isn’t an option, so I’m at a last resort. I will have to actually learn to build. I’ve never really been a builder in any game, but I do have good imagination I guess. I was just wondering where I start becoming a builder. What do I need to build? Everything pretty much. Street lamps, benches, Rockets, Launch towers, Buildings. Pretty much gotta build it all. I guess I will have to learn blender, apart from that any advice?

Some advice on importing from blender: roblox studio has 10,000 polygon/triangle limit. which means that anything with more polygons/triangles than that wont upload. In Blender you can view how many triangles your model has by toggling scene statistics (just right click at the bottom of the screen and from the drop-down menu select “scene statistics”). I hope this advice helps you out.

2 Likes

Hello,
Yes, Blender is a good software that helps with modelling, but I recommend watching tutorials first so you can understand fully what you’re doing, it’s not as intuitive as Roblox Studio.
Also, you can do most of your Models with Unions, try to stick with Studio for now.
I can give some suggestions to begin with, but building requires a lot of practice and patience.

• If you’re building a map try to fill it as much as you can (Of course this depends on the project you’re working on, but usually the more you put, the better it is)

• Practice by building with reference images to help you, Imagination is a good thing to have, but don’t be shy to take inspiration.

• Be careful with Colours and Lighting, they can make a big difference.

• Don’t Copy & Paste too much, even if it’s something like rocks, change them a little if not completely.

I tried to give you the most objective suggestions I could, but building can be very subjective, it depends all on what you’re feeling.

But the most important thing of all is learning how to use the tools you work with.

Here are some tutorials Roblox made.
They are kind of outdated, but should work as basics : P

Edit:
Remember to Disable Collisions and to Anchor your models.

4 Likes

Does building require initiative? Say I wan’t to build something with no simple way, i’ll need to use my initiative in order to figure it out?

There are many ways to build/model something, (If that’s what you’re asking)
I myself don’t know how to model what I want if it’s complicated, you just got to try until you find something that satisfies you. But, Hey! If you need help with anything, there’s always this awesome forum!

(And If that’s not what you asked for, I’m really sorry I’m not completely rested these days, I’m struggling to understand many things :kissing:).

Haha no problem. Thanks for the answer

1 Like