How to stop AutoRotate

I think this has something to do with scripting.
So, In game, I am making a cutscene with a player walking down stairs. BUT, something is wrong with the players walk anim or camera or something. video -

What I want to happen, is when the player walks to the left side of the screen, He turns left, I do NOT want him facing forwards at all times, as shown in the video. Is this shift lock or something?

2 Likes

Do you have Humanoid.AutoRotate set to true?

2 Likes

So, read the link…
It says if AutoRotate is true then exactly what is happening is supposed to happen.

2 Likes

Ok, It is off, but the same thing is happening…

2 Likes

I have the same thing, even if auto rotate is false, it still does not rotate the character. I don’t know what to do…

2 Likes

I don’t know how, but when I reopened game file, it got fixed.

It looks similar to this bug:

In Studio, playtest, enable shiftlock, then stop playtest. Future playtests will be stuck on shiftlock (even with shiftlock disabled). Restarting studio fixes this bug, at least for me.

1 Like

Now it’s even worse, my player is stuck looking one direction no matter where my camera is. :frowning:

It looks like you’re moving the camera away slowly. Whatever you’re doing it’s going the wrong way.
Also looks like you’re misusing the viewport somehow. Like the picture inside of a viewport is being told to move away. You’re locked on to the wrong thing … moving it. Or just calling it the wrong way.

I don’t have a viewport in my game.