How to stop the cursor 'selection' icon from interfering with ClickDetectors?

The tool I made is interfering with ClickDetectors and it is because of the cursor thinking something is selected- like the tool has a function when it doesn’t. I really want to get rid of it so I can hold the item and select ClickDetectors without interference.

I’ve looked around but I can’t figure out how to word it correctly- if anybody could help I would be very thankful.

• the tool I am using does not currently have any scripts in it. Just a mesh and a handle welded together as a child under a tool.

Equipping tools sadly means that it listens for the tool.Activated for clicking and overrides click detectors. You will have to work around this with a custom tool system or click detector system. (Custom click detectors would be easier)

2 Likes

Ah, I see. Thank you for the clarification, I really appreciate it! I will try to figure something out then :slight_smile:

@Laser_Gun5540 is right… But you could make your own tool bar and add items there that initiate an animation (carrying) and welding the item to the char’s hand (the cup)

You could make a local script checking every click if the mouse.Target is a clickable part and then maybe fire a remote event inside that part