How to take a texture of a player's character inside studio

In my game there’s a custom character model and I need to take the original player’s character, so my custom one can have textures, but I couldn’t find a way

When you export a character model from Roblox studio you also get a texture that has the character shirt, pants and face combined into one, and I wanted to get it through a script, so I can apply it to my custom character

Example: (this is the texture of my character)

1 Like

Could you please give out more information? I can’t work with this little information, and what do you mean by texture inside of a players character inside studio?

1 Like

I guess you want to get your character, you just have to start your game and copy your character. Later, finish the game and paste it in the workspace.

If you want to obtain the character of another player, it is done with a Plugin that I do not remember what it is

1 Like

I’m assuming you want your custom character to resemble the player’s original character.

We are in luck!
Roblox has a built-in function under the Players service that yields a table of values pertaining to the original character’s appearance.

This magical function is: game.Players:GetCharacterAppearanceInfoAsync(USERID)
This function returns all the info you need, the last step is substitution.

If you want to add the accessories to the player you will need the InsertService LoadAsset function.

local assetId = 17408011 -- Outrageous Aetherspectacles Hat
local InsertService = game:GetService("InsertService")
local success, model = pcall(InsertService.LoadAsset, InsertService, assetId)
if success and model then
   print("Model loaded successfully")
   model.Parent = workspace -- in this case you would want to parent the accessory to the character!
else
   print("Model failed to load!")
end

https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/api-reference/function/Players/GetCharacterAppearanceInfoAsync

1 Like

When you export a character model from roblox studio you also get a texture that has the character shirt, pants and face combined into one and i wanted to get it throu a script so i can apply it to my custom character

1 Like

[Insert scripting that I have no idea to do]

Hope you solve your problem soon buddy!

1 Like

Thanks this really helped me! Looking forward to more comments from you

Yoo tysm, this has been taking months for me to figure out, thank you for giving an actual helpful answer!

1 Like